Skyridge offers a supply of nutritious meals and snacks for children over their weekends and extended breaks, free of charge. Bags are distributed by their counselor on the last school day before the weekend or break. Any child enrolled at Skyridge is able to receive these weekly bags of food. If you believe your family could benefit from this program, we encourage you to sign them up by contacting Mrs. Thielbar. This information is kept confidential. Once your child is signed up, they will receive a backpack with food each week until they leave the school or until you no longer wish to participate. We encourage you to take advantage of this program for your family and your children. Questions or concerns? Please contact Mrs. Thielbar

Transition Events 5th-6th Grade

Dear Families,

We are excited about our incoming sixth graders starting school with us next fall. We hope you are equally excited to begin the move to middle school. While transitions can be unsettling for some, rest assured that we have planned events and activities to prepare you and your student for a successful and smooth transition into this new and exciting chapter.

Transition Events

Table of events

WEB: WEB stands for Where Everyone Belongs and is a brand new Peer-to-Peer mentor program that is being implemented at all middle schools. This spring, 7th graders were selected based on staff recommendation and their own interest to participate in WEB. In the fall, these students will help school staff welcome our 6th graders at our 6th-grade orientation. Once school starts, they will serve as positive role-models and meet periodically throughout the year with their mentees.

Congratulations on this next step in your child’s education! We are looking forward to getting to know and serve your student.

It’s time to apply for the College Bound Scholarship

In 2007 the Washington State Legislature established the College Bound Scholarship. This program was created to provide state financial aid to low-income students who may not consider college a possibility due to the cost. The scholarship covers tuition (at comparable public college rates), some fees, and a small book allowance.

Eligibility for the scholarship is a two-part process. Students in 7th or 8th grade whose family meets the income requirements must submit and complete an application by June 30 of the student’s 8th grade year. Then students must meet the College Bound Pledge requirements and income-eligibility as determined by the student’s financial aid application (FAFSA or WASFA) in their senior year of high school.

Click HERE to apply.

2018-19 Placement Challenge Applications Available March 12

Counselors are not involved in this process.

Applications for students wishing to challenge class placement for the 2018-19 academic year are available March 12 in the main office. Deadline to turn in these applications will be Friday, April 27. Applications are available for the following:

  • 7th grade students wishing to challenge into a higher math placement
  • 7th grade students wishing to challenge into Pre-AP LA
  • 6th grade students wishing to challenge into a higher math placement

The challenge window for 6th grade students wishing to test for Hi Cap LA has been completed for the year. This process is run through the district office. The nomination window was open in November 2017 and closed in December. Math challenges will only be considered to bypass one level of math. Students currently in compact 7/8 do not need apply. Students will not be allowed to bypass Algebra I.